How to use Hue Sync on Windows

Hello,

I’m testing your awesome bridge emulator :slight_smile:
It works nice after digging some post there and on github.

I would like to use Hue Sync with 2 Hue Light and 2 Yeelight but unfortunately when I start syncing button, after few sec, it cancel syncing

I tried with 1.3.4.3, 1.4.2.1, deleted folder from appdata, but I cant make it works.

Any idea ?

I have the same issue trying to sync with Razer. It works for a second then it says that the entertainment zone is in use by another application.

We should use stable or beta version btw ?

Any idea guys which version we should use to be compatible with Hue Sync app ?
Stable or Beta version ?

@Dgamax you will need to use beta

soon we will merge the beta branch to a new Master as only the beta branch has the new API v2 implemented.

give it a try and let me know how it works out

Thanks for your answer @Mevel
But unfortunately, it doesn’t change anything, when I start sync via Hue Sync 1.3.4.3 nothing happen, after few seconds, sync stop.
Only scenes works, games, musics and video doesn’t work.

I use this docker image :
sudo docker run -d --name diyHue --restart=always --network=host -e MAC=myMACADDR -v /mnt/hue-emulator/export:/opt/hue-emulator/export diyhue/core:beta

i think you are mixing beta and master branch run commands.

/opt/hue-emulator/config

needs to be set for Beta to work

docker run -d --name diyHue-beta --restart=always --network=host -e MAC=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX -v /mnt/hue-emulator/config:/opt/hue-emulator/config diyhue/core:beta

also make sure you are using the correct MAC of the interface as this is important towarts certificate generation.

once a wrong cert is saved by hue sync or hue app, you need to wipe the data / reinstall

I deleted my docker, docker image, all my /opt/hue-emulator/ folder and deleted Hue Sync app 1.3.4.3

• C:\Users*yourPC’sName*\AppData\Local
  • C:\Users*yourPC’sName*\AppData\Roaming
  • C:\Program Files

I installed my docker image with your command
I linked my diyHue bridge to my iOS Hue app, added light and created my entertainment area with 2 Hue light and 2 yeelight.
Reinstalled Hue Sync app 1.3.4.3
But it doesnt change anything.

When I press start syncing button on Hue Sync app, light change to white and after 2/3 sec, sync stop

what kind of lights do you use?

entertainment function works only with diyLights (esp8266 + LEDs)
All other light protocols are not fast enough.

Ok that’s why, I use HUE Play Bar and 2 yeelight bulb.

Too bad :stuck_out_tongue:

to give you a complete answer:

zigbee lights (like hue play bar and other genuine hue Bulbs) have a special propiatary (fast) protocol that we cant use.

Thats why we have the esp8266 diyLights. Those work via WiFi and are fast in response time.

You can easily make your own play bar with some Leds and a esp8266 chip.

3d Models of the case are also available on thingiverse.com